1. Review and present evidence relating to the levels of the depression:
Mental depression is one of the devastating problems in the world.300 million people all over the world now affecting from depression and most depressing statistic is that affected people by depression in incredibly increased near about 18 per cent from the past decades.
According to the WHO depression and mental disorder gradually increased and Ukraine placed top in this chart. Australia is in second place in this chart.in Australia number of the depressed people increased day by day and now 1.3 million people in Australian are suffering from depression. After Ukraine Australia shares 5.4 per cent of ration in depression list which is most hot topic in the country and also arise huge tension for Australian government (Lee et al., 2015).
In Australia most depressed state which are selected for 4.6 per cent depression are Sydney. All over Australia Sydney faces the most number of patients who suffered from mental disorder and the depression.
People of the Australia face huge problems on this issue. Report says that the every one out of 5 people suffering from depression or mental illness here.as the depression is the third leading disability cause in Australia but Sydney suffer the most. Near about 4 per cent people depression in 12 month in which 3percent is women and 5per cent are men.
There are many reasons like social cultural, environmental which lead to the people of the Australia in to depression. Government also announce $4.2 billion to develop the national mental health and also allocate more than $ 1.5 billion only for Sydney.
A report also reveals that the depression or mental issue mainly due to cause of the unemployment and physical harassment for woman group. For this reason most of the depression or mental issue occurred during the 18 to 24 years age group.in Sydney women are depressed more than men. Near about 5.3 per cent women faces depression every year where as the percentages is 4.5 per cent for the men. Depression leads the young generation of the Australia as well as the population of the Australia toward committing suicide. Another reason of the depression is the racism which seriously negatively impact over the young generation. Near about one out of the four people in the Australia all are in the age group with in the 18 to 24 years experiencing racial discrimination because of colour of skin, origin and many more issue and number of the women who faces depression for the above cause increased near about to 2 out of every 3 women (Reavley and Jorm., 2014).
Australian government already took many steps like anti suicidal plan, mental health camp and many more to bring back the stability with in the Australian people. A report said that the population of Sydney especially young generation are taken more drugs and dangerously addicted toward the heroin and other harmful addiction. Due to the depression rate of the education are low down to 3percent from previous years. This is the most threatening issue in the Australia that most of the young generation guided in wrong way and future plan of the Australia will definitely affected. Depression is increasing day by day which is affecting the population in Australia at an alarming rate (Schmied et al., 2013).
Figure: Graph of depression in Australia regarding age group
(Source: pmc.gov.au, 2017)
In this graph it is clearly seen that near about 48 per cent people of age group between 18-24 years are suffering in depression most and followed by the age group of 25- 44 with 39 percent. This graph also reveal that 43 per cent male are suffering with depression whereas 39 per cent women.
2. pattern of depression among the group :
There may be many reasons of the depression in the society and the population suffering from this depression factors the most. Social impact on the population of Australia in the age group of 18-24 is most effective. And that are:
1) Social relation refers to the relation with the outer world.in Australia most of the people are depressed due to bad relation with the outer world and main cause behind this is the racism .most of the people are affected by racism for their colour ,origin, culture and that leads to the depression.
2) Gender inequality is another vital problem that leads the people of Australia towards depression. This mainly happens with women.in school lots of women affected by sexual harassment and for this parents not send their daughter to the workplace and cause the depression. A report revealed that last year 5 precent women faces physical harassment in Australia as well in School and workplaces.
3) Sexual harassment also increases in the Sydney as well as the Australia. Women suffering from insecurity also even in the day light. some serious incident occurred regarding sexual harassment which frightened the women group in Australia and that miss guided the teenager specially girls toward the depression and mental issue (Sarris et al., 2014).
4) Violation of the human rights also factors for the depression. People in the Australia many time are ignored in their deserving human rights like in work place they did not get the wages properly, no extra facility are given to them, also there is the issue in security in work place. This all are push the people of Australia towards depression.
There are also environmental factor that effect the peoples healthy life always avoid the depression but due to unhealthy environmental situation leads toward depression:
1) In Australia numbers of the people are addicted with the drugs alcohol that affects the mental condition of the people.
2) Poor diet chart unhealthy lifestyle also leads to the depression. Around 15% of the Australian population belonging to the age group of 18-24 are suffering from malnutrition due to consumption of unhealthy food and drugs (myvmc.com, 2017).
3)it is seen that in the report in Canberra there are lot of overwork which not allowed the people to interact with the environment and that cause the depression (Aitken et al., 2017).
4) Pollution in the Australia is also increasing every day that effect on the mental condition of the people and also noise over population, chemicals in food lead the people toward the depression.
Behavioural depression is also another term that also occurred in the Australia and people are often seen in this term:
1) Every people some time faces some problems that clearly seen into their faces. On that time they need proper behaviour or support from others. Lack of actual behaviour and proper support people often go to depression. In Perth most the depression are occurred due to personal life problems (Crowe and Butterworth., 2016).
2) Sometime loss of some close on e and also bad relation within parent lead to the depression in the different community of Australia.
3) In Australia it can be seen that most of the teenagers don’t have good relation with school teachers and also with their friend and that force them to be depressed.
All this effect leads to the people toward the depression and the effect of this depression or mental issue is seriously damage the regular life of the individuals.
Political imbalance also leads the people in the depression.
1) Sometime political imbalance affects the people minds. In Melbourne political unrest affect the people of that region more that they cannot lead their life properly and this effect on their mind.
2)political policy some time effect the certain people like increase the value of money, strikes, that also can effect thee peoples mind and leads to the depression.
3. Promoting a health promotion intervention:
The frame work involved in the health promotion intervention is government, different health institution, welfare organisation that can take part in the Sydney to improve the situation.
As the depression increase Australia needs the development in several sectors to lower the depression level .for this they can apply the socio ecological model:
(Source: Swearer and Hymel, 2015)
Individuals level: this refers to the innermost band of the model, which represents who can be affected by the government .government need to increase the knowledge about the depression and influence them to be positive in every sectors.
Interpersonal level: This activity that government can take is to change the behavioural activity of the individual to prevent the depression (Swearer and Hymel., 2015).
Organizational level: This third level which surrounds the interpersonal lebvel.in this level influence and changes in the behavioural activity can be done by the enhancing policies and organisational system. Government and hospital In the Australia like local health department, urban health clinic and also personal health organisation can take the initiative to change the behaviour of the individuals.
Community level: fourth level is the community level. Change in the individual’s behaviour by increasing participation of the community level.
Policy level: this include changing the behavioural factor by implementing the policy like federal policy, state policy and many more that support the initiative of individuals behavioural changes.
Government can take many policies which enhance the positivity like different camp, different event that can promote life style motto (Clarke et al., 2015). Different healthy organisation in the Sydney can helps the people of the Sydney to come back in the life. Government already facilitate many policies like anti suicidal policy, anti-depression policy, free mental treatment policy that can help the people. Educational increasing is also essential to fight with the mental problems like depression.
Government should have to concern about the gender inequality. They have to make sure the respect of the women in the country so that they can lead their life properly .anti-drugs commission also have the job to do. They need to prevent the young generation of the Sydney to stay away from the drugs and any intoxicating substances (LaMontagne et al., 2014).